Sunrise

Sunrise

05 June 2014

Back in Action

Hello, wonderful people who read this page. I'm a bit rusty with blogging, as it's been over a FULL YEAR since my last post on this site, formerly 'Adventures in Galway'. Where has the time gone? In the past year since then, I've experienced a multitude of stories in Philadelphia, Arkansas, Vietnam, and Montana. I will get around to telling them someday.

In the off chance you've stumbled upon this post without knowing already, I am about to begin a volunteer year in El Paso, Texas. Any posts before this one are about my semester studying at the National University of Ireland, Galway, where I adventured around the country, as well as briefly to Vienna, London, and Scotland. You can check out this page to see where else I've been in the past couple years, as well as where I'd like to go.

I officially confirmed today that I'll be taking the position in El Paso, and while I don't leave for another month and a half, I was so excited about making it 100% for real that I went overboard in getting the blog spruced up for its new chapter. I likely won't be posting more than once or twice between now and when I leave, but I will be tracking my summer writing goals here, if you'd like to check that out and make me feel guilty whenever there's a gap.

In addition to writing and reading fiction, I plan to spend my summer brushing up on Spanish, delving into any articles or information about border life, and otherwise preparing for the coming year. If you live in El Paso and have ideas about community service projects for High Schoolers, live anywhere else and have experience with migration issues, or just want to say hi and good luck, (or even bye and good riddance), please leave me a comment! I love getting feedback.

Thanks for coming along, I promise it'll be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment